TECHNICAL POSTER SESSION AND
STUDENT POSTER COMPETITION
The deadline to submit posters is August 1, 2016. The deadline has now passed.
The Technical Poster Session and the Student Poster Competition are for APS-submitted posters only, and are distinct from the Gallery of Fluid Motion posters and videos. Posters with mainly artistic content are recommended to be submitted to the Gallery of Fluid Motion.
The Technical Poster Session:
The Technical Poster Session of the DFD Meeting is open to all participants. The Technical Poster Session is held during a dedicated time slot. This year it is Monday, 21 November during the afternoon refreshment break (15:45 -16:30) in Exhibit Hall B, Level 1, Oregon Convention Center.
The Student Poster Competition:
Entries submitted by students are eligible for the Student Poster Competition that constitutes a specific opportunity for graduate and undergraduate students to enhance their presentation skills and to build their professional network.
Those posters designated as Student Posters will be judged and awarded 1st and 2nd Prize for “Best Poster” in several categories:
- Category 1: Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Category 2: Experimental Fluid Dynamics
- Category 3: Microfluidics and Interfacial Fluid Dynamics
Winners in each category will be announced Monday, 21 November, during the afternoon refreshment break (15:45 – 16:30), and will be highlighted in the DFD Newsletter.
- A first author may submit an oral presentation OR a poster, but NOT both.
- Cash prizes of $250 for first place and $150 for second place will be awarded in each category.
Poster Presenter Guidelines:
- Posters will be hung on a board, with an available display area of 45″ x 45″ (1.21 x 1.21 m). The posters can be hung with push pins or velcro tape, both of which will be provided at the meeting site.
- Posters will be displayed in Exhibit Hall B, Level 1, Oregon Convention Center.
- Posters must be put up between 13:00 and 21:00 on Saturday evening, 19 November, or between 06:30 and 09:00 on Sunday, 20 November.
- Posters should be mounted at their specific numbered spaces.
- Posters must be removed by 15:00, Tuesday, 22 November, 2016.